Unemployment is daunting for almost everyone, let’s face it. However, if you have recently become unemployed after a period of employment you may be eligible to claim tax you paid while you were working.
How to claim tax back after redundancy or losing your job.
Step 1 – Are you due a tax rebate?
You may be unemployed and have paid either Income Tax, Universal Social Charge (USC) or both. If so, you may be entitled to a refund if you are out of work and:
- immediately if emergency tax was applied in your last employment
- immediately if you are leaving Ireland permanently
- four weeks after becoming unemployed if you are not receiving any other taxable income
Step 2 – Check how much tax you’re owed
Most people aren’t aware that they are qualified for tax refund that they have paid. Rebates.ie can go a long way to helping yourself financially while you try to secure a new role.
Step 3 – Claim your tax back
You can also do this directly from the revenue’s online system.
Why applying to us is your best choice
- We will make sure that you receive the maximum tax refund by maximizing your tax credits.
- We make sure that all the possible tax relief has been claimed, these include claiming tax relief on your medical expenses, dental expenses, flat rate expenses, and others.
- Our average tax refund is €1060